Total phosphorus content in various types of cooked sausages from the Serbian market
Conference object (Published version)
MetadataShow full item record
In the period January 2014 to March 2015, phosphorous levels were measured in 701 samples of different types of cooked sausages from the Serbian market. The highest level of phosphorus (9.52 g/kg, expressed as P2O5) was found in fine comminuted sausage, and the lowest (0.94 g/kg) in meat pate. The most common (33.38%) range of phosphorous levels was 4.01-5.00 g/kg P2O5. National Regulation allows total phosphorus content (as P2O5) up to 8.00 g/kg. Only three sausages (0.43%) did not meet this requirement, but the rest of the analyzed sausages (99.57%) were safe for consumption, with respect to content of phosphorus.
Keywords:phosphorus / meat / sausages / Serbia
Source:58th International Meat Industry Conference (MEATCON2015), 2015, 5, 152-155
- Elsevier Science BV, Amsterdam